Ubuntu 18 OpenVPN
2. Open “Settings” and go to Network from the left menu. Under VPN click the “plus” symbol.
3. Choose “Import from file…”
4. Select the OpenVPN config file. This file can be downloaded from your account area, just go to “Server list” and download the OpenVPN config for the desired server.
5. In the “User name” field type your generated username in the form of: MyAlienVPN_goud@MyAlienVPN (the user and password can be obtained from your account area in the Free VPN section.
Add your generated password below the user name field and type the User key password: alienvpn
6. Now just press the connect button and that’s it. If all went well you should be connected to the VPN server.
If you get in trouble use our Forum to search for related problems or open a new support request.
In case that you get the below error in your syslog do not panic 🙂 It’s just there because the VPN server name does not resolve to a real IP.
Server returned error NXDOMAIN, mitigating potential DNS violation DVE-2018-0001, retrying transaction with reduced feature level UDP.
The NXDOMAIN error
will occur when using a non-existent Internet or Intranet domain
name. Its name means “Non eXistent Domain”. If domain name
is unable to be resolved using the DNS, the condition called the
NXDOMAIN occurs. For example, calling
with a non-existent name could return the error of
whatever.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN).